I hate to admit it, but muffins and donuts have become a routine part of breakfast at my house! It is amazing how quickly a special treat can turn into a habit! My solution, zucchini carrot muffins! My son loves them and has no idea they are different than the ones we buy at the store. I have made healthy muffins before, but these zucchini carrot muffins are by far the best! To make gluten free I use bob’s red mill 1 for 1 gluten free flour.
Gluten Free Zucchini Carrot Muffins
- 2 cups shredded zucchini and carrot (approx 1 medium zucchini and 1 medium carrot)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup canned pineapple tidbits in 100% juice – drained
- 3/4 cup rolled oats – processed
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free rice flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix dry ingredients rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In mixer add eggs and sugar mix until smooth. Then add canola oil and strained pineapple.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Then stir in shredded zucchini and carrots.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full (approx. 1/4 cup). Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.