Are you looking for a quick healthy snack or a healthy alternative to traditional buckeyes (made with a pound of butter, powdered sugar and chocolate)? Buckeye Power Bites are tasty and simple to make, Enjoy!
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup flax seed, ground
- 3/4 cup unsweet shredded coconut
- ½ cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- In a mixer, add peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract then stir. Add remaining ingredients and stir until evenly coated. (I have found using a mixer works better then stirring by hand.)
- Place mixture in to refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll into 1-inch balls. Enjoy!
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container. Keep for up to 1 week.