Oatmeal Sweet Potato Cookies
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup bobs read mill 1 for 1 rice flour (can sub wheat flour if desired)
- ½ tsp ground
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup orange-flesh of sweet potato cooked
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray liberally with oil.
- In bowl of food processor, pulse oats for 5-6 times, until roughly chopped.
- In a mixing bowl combine processed oats, rice flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In mixer, add sweet potato puree, maple syrup, coconut oil – melted, vanilla until well combined. Fold in oat/flour mixture, dried cherries and sliced almonds if including. The dough will be thick.
- Use ¼ cup measuring cup to drop batter onto baking sheet. Space cookies 1 inch apart and slightly flatten.
- Bake until bottoms are lightly golden, 15 minutes.
This recipe makes a fantastic afternoon snack! Enjoy!
Free of eggs, gluten, dairy, soy and nuts (if made without almonds and almond extract)